The National Registry of Identification and Civil Status (Reniec) announced that it would gradually resume its face-to-face care, to guarantee a personalized and viable service for users while the state of emergency due to coronavirus lasts.
Therefore, the state entity declared that only citizens who have separated an ONLINE APPOINTMENT, which must be requested through its web platform, will be received. In it, the procedure for the duplicate ID will be allowed, reserve an appointment to pick them up, among others. It should be noted that people with procedures that cannot be carried out online will also be attended in person.
The first offices that opened were those of Miraflores and Independencia. Later, the premises of Cercado de Lima, Jesús María, and San Borja respectively in July.
Once all the offices resume care, the proper security protocols recommended by the health authorities will be implemented. Protective lenses will be put on all windows and signage to keep a distance. Also, the temperature of all the people who enter the premises will be measured, as well as alcohol for their hands.
To register an appointment on the web platform and know if your ID is already ready to be collected, you must follow the following steps:
1.- Enter the official RENIEC platform.
2.- Choose the ONLINE SERVICES option. Then select the button that says: RESERVATION OF APPOINTMENTS.
3.- Enter personal data.
4.- Detail the type of service to be carried out and the place of attention.
5.- Finally, you will receive a confirmation email or message.
Likewise, the procedures that the official RENIEC platform allows to carry out over the internet are the following:
– Duplicate DNI or DNIe.
– Rectification of address.
– Rectification of civil status: change from single to married, when the marriage certificate is in RENIEC.
– Check the status of the DNI process.
– Consultation of procedures in consulates.
– Certificate of Registration C4.
– Validation of Identity Records.
– Consultation of registration records.
– Certified copies of minutes and/or items: unless the document contains an observation.
– Validation of certified copies.
– Refund for payment of fees.
– Access to public information.
– Electronic Address.
On the other hand, the procedures that must only be carried out in person at the state entity, such as:
– Renewal of DNI.
– Rectification of data and images.
– Change of marital status: in specific cases.
– Birth registration.
– Marriage registration.
– Death registration.
Office hours are divided into two shifts, Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. at 12:15 p.m. and 1:15 p.m. at 5:45 p.m. Payments, likewise, can be made through Págalo.pe or the Banco de la Nación platform.
RENIEC provides some recommendations for a better process at the time of processing:
– Before collecting a DNI, check the status of the diligence.
– Before requesting an appointment to register a death certificate, check if it already exists. RENIEC has been issuing these documents ex officio in recent months and will do so until the end of the year.
– Show up on time for appointments, to avoid crowds. Try, as far as possible, to attend unaccompanied.
– Inside the offices, you must use the mask correctly and keep your distance.