What are the phases that everyone talks about? During the last messages issued by President Martín Vizcarra, the stages of the treatment of this virus have not been made very clear to the common population.
To do this, we invite you to review the following infographic of the stages of spread that the WHO has used to differentiate between epidemic and pandemic and evaluate how this type of virus is transmitted in the population.
It should be remembered that there are some variations that some governments, such as Boris Jhonson’s, have allowed the reduction of infections without requiring isolation. We know this as action phases.
Here you can also meet him:
PHASE 1: CONTAIN
– Detect and isolate the first cases.
– Track people who have been in contact with the first infected.
– Register travelers who come or go from risky places.
PHASE 2: DELAY
– Reduce the spread of the virus and put it in a cooling area.
– Encourage the closure of schools and jobs that are not at home.
– Launch public prevention and personal hygiene campaigns.
– Ban large-scale events like sporting events.
PHASE 3: INVESTIGATION
– Constantly monitor and investigate the virus in order to reduce its impact.
– Search for new diagnostic tests, drugs and/or medications for the treatment of patients and preventive vaccines.
– Be prepared for many waves of virus contagion.
PHASE 4: MITIGATE
– Cancel everything except hospital and health aid.
– Military in the streets with the police to prevent crime during the moment of isolation.
– Dismissed or retired personnel may be called to fight the virus in hospitals.
Now that we understand better, follow the following recommendations:
- Wash your hands
- Drink a lot of water
- Always wear masks.
- Avoid being in contact with people who may suffer from respiratory problems.